Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good News!

Wow! A lot has occurred since I last updated my blog.

My doctor put me on a new chemotherapy drug called Cisplatin. OMG! It caused severe nausea and neuropathy. After, two treatments my doctor decided to stop giving me drug.

I have also returned to work. Yea! This is my third week back and I am so excited to be back amongst my supportive co-workers and rambunctious 7th and 8th grade students. I’m also geeked about finally being able to get out the house on a regular basis.

I’ve also started an aqua aerobics class to try to get back into shape. For those of you who haven’t seen me, the chemo drugs caused me to pack on quite a few pounds.

Finally, here’s my big news….I am officially done with chemo. Hallelujah! I had my port removed last Friday, and I begin radiation on Monday. Thank you all so much for your prayers and continued support. I will continue to keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the good news. That's wonderful, Always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy Mrs.Williams its been almost 2 years since I seen yu and talk to. Im in 10th the grade now and im a part of Duncanville High Hats. When I heard the news about you having cancer it took a big toll in my life but I had faith that everything would be fine because your a strong woman. I want to say thnks to yu and Mr.Williams(best teacher n the world) for being a 2nd set of parents. I Luv yu Always.
    ps. I will be coming to Reed soon to Vist yu and Mr.Williams
    <3 Shanyce ; )

    ReplyDelete